MID Customer Service Hours:
Monday thru Friday - 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
744 W. 20th Street, Merced, CA 95340
P.O. Box 2288, Merced, CA 95344-0288
PHONE: (209) 722-3041
FAX: (209) 354-2876
At MID we are committed to providing our Electric Service customers with the best possible customer service. We have a dedicated staff that is ready to answer your questions and resolve any service concerns you may have. Many of the questions we get are about billing -- how and where to pay, due dates, etc.
FORMS OF PAYMENT:
The District accepts payment in the form of cash, check, cashier's check, money order, electronic check, electronic funds transfer, credit card and debit card. Credit and debit card payments will be accepted for amounts up to $2,000.
You may make payment online, by mail, in person or by phone. If you need phone assistance from a Customer Service Representative to process your payment on your behalf, a $5.00 administrative fee will be charged. Unable to pay on time? Call Customer Service to discuss reasonable payment arrangements, special programs, and agencies that may be available to assist.
BILLING DUE DATES/PAYMENT CHANGES:
1. All customers will be billed no later than the 15th of each month for electric usage in the prior month.
2. Due dates for electric bills will be 20 days. Bills are payable upon presentation and become past due approximately 20 days after the statement date.
1. Deposits will be required of all new customers, unless they are able to provide a letter from their previous utility certifying a good payment history.
Residential Customers: are required to post a minimum deposit of $200.
2. If a customer receives a Final Disconnect notice, a deposit will be charged to the customer's account. In the case of a residential customer with an existing deposit, the deposit amount will be reviewed and may increase to two times the customer's monthly average bill.
3. After 12 consecutive months of good credit with no Final Disconnect notice, the residential customer's deposit will be credited to their account. The non-residential customer's deposit will be credited to their account after 24 consecutive months of good credit with no Final Disconnect notice.
DISCONNECTION AND RESTORATION FEES:
Disconnection Processing Fee: $20 will be charged to the account when the disconnection work order is generated.
Service Restoration Fee: If your electric service is disconnected for non-payment, you will need to pay a $45 reconnection charged before your electric service will be restored.